Thursday, March 8, 2012

Letter to Frater Puck of Thelema Now! March 8, 2012

Dear Puck,
A week ago Sunday the universe parted in a jangly display of haplessness and righteous thunder. A blazing pyramid crowned with laurels and an all-seeing oculis appeared over my bed like the Old Hag or one of those awkward dwarves with the eyes and the never-ending forehead. It was like the pantheon man! A beam of collosal light ripping out of the heavens and embedding itself into my forehead. I was understandably perturbed, this kind of epiphany happens but rarely without the use of an entheogenic binge or fear-induced adrenaline shock. I'm writing to tell you this because it's entirely and irrevocably your fault. That's right my Thelemic friend. My bumbling and largely incoherent screaming of tiny monsters and a blanket of light occurred just after listening to your Tobias Churton interview.

Now I'm not one to play sissy la-la cry baby occultist but dammit Puck, in my midnight dance of crazed panic, I fell stupidly and bled like a wounded animal all over the carpet. Now my cats hiss and back away slowly whenever I walk into the room, the neighbors believe I'm Voldemort, and I've got a gouge on my knee that matches the coffee table. Be that as it may, listening to your podcast is worth the laceration and mild embarrassment of weeping pitifully. I wont bother with the platitudes or insane drivel of "I'm a big fan."- Although I am. This occult business is hard-pressed for some ilk of the Crowley character. He may have been looney as a drunken leper but at least he could express himself with big words. Granted, much of his anti-Christian jabbering and lewd craziness stemmed from a healthy addiction to pure cocaine, squandering the family fortune, and being labelled "The Beast" at such a young age. We're lucky he turned out productive at all.

With that said, I congratulate you on a job well done. You're podcast is one of the few that doesn't turn my stomach or make me irrationally nervous. BTW I had the pleasure of meeting Kaminsky over at 'O of P' and was impressed with his kind words and genuine friendliness. A good chap. So what's the news? I can only hope that Thelema Now! becomes a multimedia and perhaps literary experience. I finally sent Magus Magazine to print. (I will attach a copy via email) and unleashed it biting and snapping onto the New Age genre. The sight of a clearly rabid publication will quell the pissant disaster New Age literature has become. It'll be close. They're goddamn relentless in their printing of the worthless and shameful. Please enjoy issue #1.

You know how they say any creative venture is a labor of love? Well it's also a nightmare of unmet deadlines, drunken unruly writers, and a constant search for funding. They'd shut me down if they knew the torment this rag can conjure. It's now autonomous and unplugged. A living creature with an insatiable appetite and rotten disposition. Needless to say, issue #2 is coming along fine. I hate to inconvenience you or take too much of your time but a kind review of issue 1 would go a long way in making new friends in the occult world. I'm off to Glastonbury next week for the SpeakEasy and hoping to introduce all of the UK to our publication. Some encouraging words from you would mean alot to our editors and writers who have worked so hard to see this abomination to print. Feel free to email me at pcopeland@magusmagazine.com or message me here on facebook.

Incidentally, I don't know what your plans are for the next few months but there's a real chance I'll be wandering the U.S. in a traveling circus or searching for underwater Mayan relics off the coast of Tikal. It'd be great to have a comrade in craziness. If you can abide a shifty-eyed habitual everything with a tendency to steal and scream righteous obscenities, just drop me a line and we'll get something going. Better yet, I heard there's a UFO cult crawling from Sedona to Roswell in a bash attempt to contact Jesus on the Mothership. Between the wild shrieking and holy-roller UFO gibberish, we might be able to procure a bottle of port before the whole troupe gets arrested or wanders onto the wrong Reservation.

Till then, I remain a complete
nuisance.

Preston Copeland
Lead Editor- Magus Magazine
www.magusmagazines.com

No comments:

Post a Comment