Monday, September 17, 2018

Barnes & Noble debacle



First, I don't have any idea what that sign is talking about or what I should be looking for. Is it interesting? Terrifying? Should I look for that sign out on the freeway? Will it point me to food? I saw it on the side of a building as I walked past. The florescent popped and there was a slight hum. I stared at it for a short time, maybe forty five minutes then wandered off wondering how the sign knew. The sign knows. Maybe I should hashtag that.

Second, I absolutely don't know how Barnes & Noble publishes any print copies of any author at any time. I was keen on the ebook submission for B&N. I navigated the page effortlessly, it was almost insulting how quick I uploaded my manuscript and cover. I was laughing gleefully but I think that Barnes or maybe Noble knew. Because when I went to create a print copy of my book, the website tightened up faster than a broken back. I uploaded the manuscript fine, thank you, but the cover refused. Refused. Even after I resized the image, downloaded the shoddy B&N template, changed the pixels, prayed to Cthulhu, and danced a jig. It was hopeless. I knew it was personal for getting uppity about the ebook. That's alright, we'll shove off but I'll be back with Adobe or Photoshop and get even.

Third, Neon Gods is now available on Amazon in print form and Kindle, B&N ebook, Kobo ebook, and we're taking auditions for the audio version that you can listen to in the luxury of your car. Eventually, I will have a hard cover w/ dust jacket of the novel. If it's the last thing I do. I'll keep you posted. Keep smiling, don't kill anything.

Cheers.     

No comments:

Post a Comment