Thursday, April 5, 2012

In The Light- 'Temple Illuminatus'


They laughed and scoffed at the idea of a pluriversal occult website. They thought it was ridiculous. A site that contains a blog, photos, chatroom, news-area, and networking link page? It was dumb and ignorantly naïve. I had been approached by a wino while sitting outside a café. Somewhat disheveled and swaying lightly, this bum narrowed his eyes and focused on my computer screen. “What is it?” he asked stupidly. “A wi-fi connection.” I smirked and glanced up as he fell into the seat next to me. Of course, I knew he referred to the 17th century Rosicrucian etching that declared war on Weishaupt’s Illuminati and was currently filling my computer screen but I wasn’t  about to get into that right now. It wasn’t even breakfast and frankly, he smelled funny.

Most days are slow in the publishing business. Crazy things happen few and far between but when they do its like an earthquake or the frenzied excitement that accompanies the bashing of a rodeo clown. A lot of screaming and dodging the wild. My new friend had rolled himself a cigarette and sat jabbering at me while I sipped at my coffee. Suddenly a window was thrown open above the café and a man looked down at me somewhat crazily. Good god, I thought. Here it is. This monster is gonna jump and splatter his brains all over my keyboard. There’ll be no work getting done today. He looked down at my new friend and grinning maniacally brought out an old violin he had kept out of view. “What’re you doin?” He asked. Wino appeared confused so I flicked the side of his head. “I think he wants to talk to you.” I mumbled and stared intently at my monitor. “If I say anything, he’ll drive me crazy with that damn thing.” “Crazy.” I repeated and tried to imagine how much crazier this wino could potentially get. Could this episode take a violent turn? Is he at the edge of some panic-induced fit? Will he start screaming? I started when above us came the gross sound of a violin kept horribly out of tune. I immediately got up to leave when our musician glowered down at me and asked, “Where  are you going?” I said something about wanting to find a pub when he inquired, “Can I come with you?” I sat back down defeated as the sound from above became increasingly more delirious. “He’s gonna do it this time!” Wino said. “The police will come for sure.”
“Well how long before he stops?” I shot back. “Could be never” he said sadly and put his head down.

I went inside the café to find some peace and it was against this backdrop that I explored  the website that quite possibly is setting the bar for informative research. Called ‘Temple Illuminatus’, this site goes above and beyond just articles or a forum. (Although the forum is highly useful and saturated with a variety of threads and topics) The collection of occult imagery is also beautiful and tempts visitors to upload to the database. As I scrolled through the threads, images, and research topics, I could hear the screaming of the violin from above. And outside, wino kept grabbing chunks of mud and flinging them in a rage towards the window. I realized that I was the only component in this equation of crazy that was keeping it from escalating into complete pandemonium. Naturally, I went back outside and sat down to watch the entertainment. Delving deeper into Temple Illuminatus, I finished my research just as wino charged up the stairs blind seething and promising to impair something. I smiled and sipped my latte. It was gonna be a decent afternoon

No comments:

Post a Comment